News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

42mph Rhino

Started by JTK77, June 07, 2021, 02:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

JTK77

Quote from: Altema on October 17, 2021, 09:15:49 PM
Well I turned it up, and what a blast. With the smaller wheels on the RadMini, the torque is hilarious, and I'm getting 34mph with a modest amount of field weakening.
I had a question though: how many amps is the BMS on your battery, and do you run with a single battery or duals?

Sounds awesome 👍

Im running single battery setup. I have a spare one too. The left one in picture is my main battery. My custom design lockable downtube battery. BMS is 120A continous and 400A burst.

Altema

Quote from: JTK77 on October 17, 2021, 09:41:48 PM
Well I turned it up, and what a blast. With the smaller wheels on the RadMini, the torque is hilarious, and I'm getting 34mph with a modest amount of field weakening.
I had a question though: how many amps is the BMS on your battery, and do you run with a single battery or duals?

Sounds awesome 👍

Im running single battery setup. I have a spare one too. The left one in picture is my main battery. My custom design lockable downtube battery. BMS is 120A continous and 400A burst.
120A continuous and 400a burst? Color me jealous! My small batteries are 30A and my larger batteries are only 40A! My UPP 52V 40A battery is in the same case as yours on the right, which is problematic because 2400W @ 52V is 46.15 amps, and that makes me a bit uncomfortable putting that much stress on a single battery. Today I did try it with the one battery, and it did supply a peak of 50A, but still not comforting. I'm thinking I might pull the power back down because I was riding with traffic (it does 34mph easy now), but the cable to the motor got warm. I would leave both batteries in which gives me 80A to play with, but I pick up our 10 year old from the bus, and have to pull off the rack battery to bolt on the seat.

JTK77

Quote from: Altema on October 18, 2021, 06:41:39 PM
Quote from: JTK77 on October 17, 2021, 09:41:48 PM

Sounds awesome 👍

120A continuous and 400a burst? Color me jealous! My small batteries are 30A and my larger batteries are only 40A! My UPP 52V 40A battery is in the same case as yours on the right, which is problematic because 2400W @ 52V is 46.15 amps, and that makes me a bit uncomfortable putting that much stress on a single battery. Today I did try it with the one battery, and it did supply a peak of 50A, but still not comforting. I'm thinking I might pull the power back down because I was riding with traffic (it does 34mph easy now), but the cable to the motor got warm. I would leave both batteries in which gives me 80A to play with, but I pick up our 10 year old from the bus, and have to pull off the rack battery to bolt on the seat.

Yes. The design inputs for the battery was to have very robust lockable downtube battery that has very low internal resistance (higher controller output power, high efficiency, higher practical capacity), supports high amp charging, fits the bike style.
Battery casing (Lexan) I have tested with 9mm 🙂

Altema