News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bike won’t turn on

Started by Rickesco, June 25, 2021, 11:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Rickesco

Hello,
Has anyone had the issue of the bike not turning on?  Battery has full charge, I turn the key and nothing. I've followed the troubleshooting guideline and still nothing. I appreciate any feedback

DickB

The first thing to check is the 40A fuse in the battery. I would check the voltage at the battery terminals to at least determine if it is the battery or the bike.

jbfoster

I had a issue like this last year. It was the silver connecter near the display. If not check all connecters.

Jim

Altema

Which bike model do you have? If it is the RadMini, I found that the display connector under the main tube (the 2nd one, not the silver one up top) can get disconnected when unfolding. If all your connections are secure, check the fuse (you have to dig out the rubber cover with a small screwdriver or other tool). If you want to test the battery, remove it from the bike and use a voltmeter on the two large outer connectors. A full battery should read about 54.6 volts, but remember to turn the battery on with the key. There is also a large connector on the bike that connects the battery to the controller, and that's the main power line.

RobtRoma

I also had the connector under the display disconnect.  I had just started a ride to work.  I pulled over to zip up my vest and when I went to continue the ride I had no power.  I left the bike and took my car to work.  When I was finally able to do some research and check things, it was that connector under the display.