Author Topic: RadMission assembly tips?  (Read 3371 times)

ian13

• View Profile
RadMission assembly tips?
« on: June 02, 2021, 04:09:21 AM »
I just ordered a RadMission, it'll be my first ebike and I'm so excited! I read the posts here and watched some YouTube videos on assembly and plan to give it a try myself and have a technician check my work. Any tips on assembly? I'm a little confused on the tools I need, will I need additional supplies on top of what's provided? Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 07:41:32 PM by Ryan »

Sourtsu

• View Profile
Re: RadMission assembly tips?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 03:55:58 PM »
The only thing they don’t provide is the torque wrench, they should provide allen keys (4mm, 6mm, 8mm) a Philips head screw driver, and all the wrenches you need. The tools set is on the light side, so if you have your own tools they’ll certainly be more comfortable to use.

TarugoKing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 06:30:40 PM »
Well I received my wife's Radmission a couple of days ago and I assembled it today.

Here are some of my tips:
[1] Get a LOCTITE THREAD LOCKER (blue) for the bolts (faceplate, stem, etc.).
[2] Yup, as already posted, you need a TORQUE WRENCH to make sure you tighten the bolts correctly.
[3] If you bought the REAR RACK, you don't need to remove the rear wheel to install it. Use loctite with the original frame bolts but the rack also came with replacement bolts loctite ready. I didn't use it because I wanted a fresh one (not dry).

Ratt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 10:23:51 AM »
Like others have already said, about all you need is a torque wrench (small, 2-20 NM) and some bike grease won't hurt although I used a half drop of regular old grease from a grease gun.
I searched through Amazon until I found a inexpensive torque wrench:

https://amzn.to/3kcpg5d

It's actually a pretty nice tool.   Yeah, it's extra money but it looks good next to my enormous torque wrench.

Oh, and 1 Newton Meter = .74 of a ft lb. 

« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 07:42:13 PM by Ryan »

wtfg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 08:35:37 AM »
Make sure to check torque on Bottom bracket mine was finger tight.

jsfreaky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2022, 04:19:04 PM »

[3] If you bought the REAR RACK, you don't need to remove the rear wheel to install it. Use loctite with the original frame bolts but the rack also came with replacement bolts loctite ready. I didn't use it because I wanted a fresh one (not dry).

I realize this thread is a year old but I'm hoping someone may still respond.  The original frame bolts are too short as well as the bolts shipped with the rack.  There is approx 1 inch gap between the frame and rack on both sides.  If I bolt one side of the rack to the frame there will be 2 inch gaps between the frame and the rack on the other side.  If I buy longer bolts will the rack magically expand to fit the frame?

Hama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2022, 08:20:06 PM »

I realize this thread is a year old but I'm hoping someone may still respond.  The original frame bolts are too short as well as the bolts shipped with the rack.  There is approx 1 inch gap between the frame and rack on both sides.  If I bolt one side of the rack to the frame there will be 2 inch gaps between the frame and the rack on the other side.  If I buy longer bolts will the rack magically expand to fit the frame?

Your doing something wrong? Post some pictures so we can see.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2022, 08:20:06 PM »