Author Topic: Comprehensive List of Accessories for Rad Power Bikes  (Read 205448 times)

jasonash

• View Profile
Re: Comprehensive List of Accessories for Rad Power Bikes
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2020, 05:50:05 PM »
Hey GoPam,

I just measured my seat post with a set of calipers, and it looks like it is exactly 34.9mm, so your new seat post should work. The only downside is that you will lose quite a bit of height since the seat post tube is so low on the RadWagon.

Here is the bolt that needs to be removed to get the stock seat off:

Mine was pretty tight from the factory, but I was able to use the included hex wrench to get it loose.

By the way, it looks like you still have the stock seat. Here is mine sitting on the bench:

jasonash

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2020, 06:12:35 PM »
Hey GoPam,

It looks like your seat post might be damaged. Here is a picture of mine:

It looks like yours might be either assembled incorrectly or perhaps the bolt is bent:

You should be able to completely remove the bolt on the right side of the seat post which will free up the saddle allowing you to completely remove it from the bike.

Cheers,

Jason

gopam

• View Profile
    • VROOM GOPAM
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2020, 06:54:56 PM »
Hey Jason,

Yeah i saw I have the stock seat still. I thought it looked like the seat post is damaged. I tried to remove the seat but I couldn't get the bolt to budge. I also decided to stop trying because if the seat post is damaged, then I'm screwed if I remove the bolt and the whole thing falls apart. If the seat can't attach to a broken clamp/seatpost, then I can't ride :( For now it seems sturdy enough so I better leave it alone.

And I figure ordering replacement parts will have MAJOR delays in the mail right now.

That's a bummer about losing seat height with the new seatpost. I didn't consider that. But I'll still mount the cloud 9 to the DJC suspension post when it arrives. This way I'll have a new option to try and I'll also remain having the stock option.

If I find I miss the higher seat height then I think I'll probably need to buy a replacement stock seat post from Rad Power Bikes. Or I can try to muscle off the bolt and hope the broken bits come back together again securely. But again I'm not trusting they will.

I always appreciate your precise information and photos Jason! You rock!!!!!
RadWagon 4 owner

YouTube Channel: VROOM GOPAM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6TCUg_vMeH3P8OBSl_FFqw

gopam

• View Profile
    • VROOM GOPAM
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2020, 03:38:46 PM »
So just a heads up that JCcycles seller on Amazon canceled my order of the DJC suspension seat post. They said they’d refund me & gave NO reason why they canceled my order.
Then I received another email stating the order has been canceled & the reason is “customer canceled” which I did not.
I’m waiting to see if they indeed refund my $ the transaction still says pending.

So I might be looking at Ryan’s option if it will fit the 34.9 on the RadWagon 4

Or I might need to double shim!!
RadWagon 4 owner

Mudder

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2020, 08:09:36 AM »
I found a Suntour suspension 27.2 seat post at 350mm length.  Is this too short for a 5’11 rider with 32 pants inseam?  Also have a Cloud 9 seat on hand.  Radrover 5 expected delivery in 3 weeks after ordering. Thanks.

wkindred

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2020, 12:00:35 PM »
I found a Suntour suspension 27.2 seat post at 350mm length.  Is this too short for a 5’11 rider with 32 pants inseam?  Also have a Cloud 9 seat on hand.  Radrover 5 expected delivery in 3 weeks after ordering. Thanks.

should be good. same setup (including seat) i'm using. i'm 6' 1"...

spyder918

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2020, 01:07:16 AM »
Anyone find any good replacement handlebar grips?

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2020, 07:22:59 PM »
Anyone find any good replacement handlebar grips?

Someone just shared these fancy Ergon grips: https://www.radowners.com/index.php/topic,556.msg2731.html#msg2731

gopam

• View Profile
    • VROOM GOPAM
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2020, 12:16:11 PM »
I'll cover this in an upcoming video, but the only suspension seatpost that *might* work is the Kinekt 2.1. You'll need the largest size they sell, the 31.6: https://amzn.to/34T9ogi

Then you can buy the 31.6 to 34.9 seatpost shim: https://bit.ly/337la9C

Again, I have not tried this myself and it's critical that you realize that you will be limited on adjustability. Hope this helps!

Hi Ryan, so I have a new question for you. Here's my situation. Currently I don't want to remove the RadWagon 4 seat from the oem seatpost in case it is damaged. The seat is holding together on the seatpost ok for now. I saw in one of the for sale photos....that the previous owner had a different seat installed but then he switched it back to stock before I bought the bike.  It looks like the seat attachment might be broken but it is holding for now. I don't want to attempt to remove the seat in case it falls apart and then I would not be able to ride. I want to keep the stock/oem seat and seatpost together so I always have that option or for however long it lasts. Mine does look like the seat attachment might of been broken by the previous owner.

The RadPower bikes website does NOT have a RadWagon 4 replacement oem/stock 34.9 seatpost for sale.

I did purchase a cloud 9 seat that I'd like to use. So alternatively, instead of looking for a suspension seatpost, are there any 34.9 long seatposts that you can recommend? 

Or are there any 31.6 long seatposts you recommend? - Then I'd also buy the 31.6 to 34.9 seatpost shim you recommend above.

I'd like to at least use my new cloud 9 seat but I think it will be best to attach it to a new seatpost. Thanks!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 07:44:32 PM by Ryan »
RadWagon 4 owner

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2020, 02:03:21 PM »
I'll cover this in an upcoming video, but the only suspension seatpost that *might* work is the Kinekt 2.1. You'll need the largest size they sell, the 31.6: https://amzn.to/34T9ogi

Then you can buy the 31.6 to 34.9 seatpost shim: https://bit.ly/337la9C

Again, I have not tried this myself and it's critical that you realize that you will be limited on adjustability. Hope this helps!

Hi Ryan, so I have a new question for you. Here's my situation. Currently I don't want to remove the RadWagon 4 seat from the oem seatpost in case it is damaged. The seat is holding together on the seatpost ok for now. I saw in one of the for sale photos....that the previous owner had a different seat installed but then he switched it back to stock before I bought the bike.  It looks like the seat attachment might be broken but it is holding for now. I don't want to attempt to remove the seat in case it falls apart and then I would not be able to ride. I want to keep the stock/oem seat and seatpost together so I always have that option or for however long it lasts. Mine does look like the seat attachment might of been broken by the previous owner.

The RadPower bikes website does NOT have a RadWagon 4 replacement oem/stock 34.9 seatpost for sale.

I did purchase a cloud 9 seat that I'd like to use. So alternatively, instead of looking for a suspension seatpost, are there any 34.9 long seatposts that you can recommend? 

Or are there any 31.6 long seatposts you recommend? - Then I'd also buy the 31.6 to 34.9 seatpost shim you recommend above.

I'd like to at least use my new cloud 9 seat but I think it will be best to attach it to a new seatpost. Thanks!!

Not sure I'd be much help here. I'd probably just order a few parts from Amazon that have the option of free returns if it doesn't work out. Telescoping seatposts are kind of new to me and I'm not sure if shims are recommended in scenarios like this. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful here.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 07:44:16 PM by Ryan »

Altema

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2020, 07:02:35 AM »

I know this was directed towards Ryan, but Amazon has a 450 mmm long seat post that is 31.6mm in diameter. Then you can use the seat post shim from Kinekt.

https://amzn.to/3lCgHiL

Your damaged unit was assembled with the shell not seated into the head, and clamped down. The bolt may be bent, but the rest of it should still be ok. Wished you lived closer because I like fixing issues like this.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 08:57:02 AM by Ryan »

gopam

• View Profile
    • VROOM GOPAM
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2020, 07:26:11 AM »
Thanks Altema!! And yeah if you were close I would have taken you up on the fix  :D
Thanks so much for the link and assessment!!
RadWagon 4 owner

Joel52334

• Using my RPW4 for my cardiac rehab.
    • View Profile
    • Oh the things I know & do! --(under construction)
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2021, 02:23:51 PM »
So far I've only gotten OEM parts, oops the front dual water bottle holder is NOEM,  I did find a Right Hand Mirror,

You can see the rest of the decked-outs, in my profile photo, Tons of ABUS security systems, literally.  I plan on adding Hexlox everywhere I can.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 02:43:42 PM by Joel52334 »
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

FrankD

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2021, 11:59:48 AM »
Hi Guys, I'm trying to find; where I can buy the factory standard battery mounting plate (just the plate) no wiring. I am creating a second (spare) battery mount for longer trips, I want it to be lockable and sturdy (like the mounting factory battery base plate). I will mount it to the front or rear rack on my Rover 5.

chrias

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2021, 09:29:48 AM »
Hi Guys, I'm trying to find; where I can buy the factory standard battery mounting plate (just the plate) no wiring. I am creating a second (spare) battery mount for longer trips, I want it to be lockable and sturdy (like the mounting factory battery base plate). I will mount it to the front or rear rack on my Rover 5.

https://www.cascademanufacturing.com/collections/recreational

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum