Author Topic: Comprehensive List of Accessories for Rad Power Bikes  (Read 205455 times)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Comprehensive List of Accessories for Rad Power Bikes
« on: June 24, 2019, 02:48:04 PM »
I thought it would be good to have an easy to consume list of all commonly recommended accessories for Rad Power Bikes. In some cases these are Amazon links to the same products Rad sells directly on their website as accessories and in other cases they are alternative options for accessories. If you have something you love on your Rad please share it below. Note where applicable these are affiliate links which help support the maintenance of this site. I will continue to try to keep the list organized as it grows. If you're looking for an easier to view list you can view the same list over at my website Ebike Escape: https://ebikeescape.com/electric-bike-accessories/

Jump Straight To What You Are Looking For:

Ebike Mirrors

Saddles/Seats

Suspension Seatposts

Ebike Helmets

Cell Phone Mounts

Ebike Locks and Alarms

Bike Tire Pumps

Bike Racks and Carriers

Recommended Water Bottles

Water Bottle Solutions

Ebike Storage Solutions

Ebike Repair Stands

Pedals

Grips/Handlebar Accessories

Ebike Repair Tools

Rechargeable Bike Lights

"Be Seen" Accessories

Electric Bike Horns

Child Seats and Trailers

Bike Bags and Baskets

Brake Parts (Pads, Calipers, etc..)

Rear Bike Racks

Preventing Flats

Popular Replacement Tires

RadRover Specific Accessories

Rad Power Bikes Specific Accessories

Frame Protection

« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 08:20:36 AM by Ryan »

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Comprehensive List of Accessories for Rad Power Bikes
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 06:39:50 AM »
Hey everyone, I've been adding to the list over time as I find accessories that many Rad Power Bike owners are using. There are tons of options of bike accessories but I'm looking to add the simple choices to remove the decision fatigue. If you know of anything I am missing or have something to share that has been a game changer for your Rad please share it here.

P.S. Thanks for supporting the forum. If you end up purchasing an item above from Amazon I receive a small commission which helps pay for the hosting costs of the site.

Ride Rad 8)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 08:49:38 AM »
Hi all, I made some updates to this list based on what I've seen people purchasing for their Rad Power Bikes. Let me know if you see anything missing!

dulcinea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 12:33:27 PM »
THANK YOU for publishing this!  I am a new RadRover ST rider, and found your list priceless.  I literally used it as a shopping list to trick out my ride.  Again, thank you.

Peddle on,

Deborah

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 07:34:35 PM »
THANK YOU for publishing this!  I am a new RadRover ST rider, and found your list priceless.  I literally used it as a shopping list to trick out my ride.  Again, thank you.

Peddle on,

Deborah

Thank you Deborah! Your purchases help keep this site running and keep me reviewing more products. I am always refining this list of accessories for electric bikes.

Hbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 08:56:49 PM »
Hi everyone, I have been using this  SKS-Germany 11231 Anywhere Bicycle Attachment Water Bottle Mount with Top Cage Bottle Holder https://amzn.to/2YXtSTI For my water bottle solution. It works great and doesn’t budge.

-Heidi
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 06:59:30 AM by Ryan »

RPG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 03:08:21 PM »
Ryan, thank you for the info! I just received my first RAD and am in the process of ordering #2.
You are correct, a major brain freeze can and will occur when shopping for add-on's. Your foot work is a big help.
Ride RAD!

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 02:31:47 PM »
Ryan, thank you for the info! I just received my first RAD and am in the process of ordering #2.
You are correct, a major brain freeze can and will occur when shopping for add-on's. Your foot work is a big help.
Ride RAD!

Glad it's been helpful! I have some more accessories to share and with any luck they will arrive in June.

davidlewis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 06:16:58 AM »
Hello all,
Has anyone had success installing aero bars on a Rad rover, my commute is rather far and I'm trying to streamline a bit :) TIA

JeffGo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »
Very helpful, thanks. Like many new Rad owners, I am in the midst of acquiring accessories. So far:

Hollywood Rack (found one locally yesterday!)
Abus frame lock and chain
Suntour suspension seatpost (beware, these come in different sizes so check before ordering - note to self)
Hafney mirror - arriving today

(wanting a rear basket, may replace the seat soon and should replace my helmet)

I ordered this cell phone holder, I'll let you know if it's any good once I get it: https://www.q-mount.com/?fbclid=IwAR2Skl_fbzig8O0koFJohX4t9Doh2J0u8184XLhjBO-ZF2qJp3beVIL0C1E

Mic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 12:10:49 PM »
Hi Ryan just checking the accessories list for spoke size for a Rad Rhino but the only info I can find is all Rads use 12 gauge which is not helpful when shopping for replacement. Any chance of a link to a specific size? I am getting extremely confused. Thanks

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2020, 07:27:52 PM »
Hi Ryan just checking the accessories list for spoke size for a Rad Rhino but the only info I can find is all Rads use 12 gauge which is not helpful when shopping for replacement. Any chance of a link to a specific size? I am getting extremely confused. Thanks

Hi Mic, my understanding is your RadRhino also has 12 gauge spokes. So you can either get the Park Tool SW-3 (blue): https://amzn.to/3iqoTRY

Or you can buy something like this which will work on other bikes as well: https://amzn.to/3kvIthN

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 10:37:14 AM »
Hi Ryan thanks for the feed back on spokes.
I also contacted Rad Europe and they provided me with the following info. for my Rad Rhino which may be of interest to others.
This is all the information you requested about the spokes:

Spokes   12-gauge, stainless steel, black
Spoke length front   258 mm
Spoke length rear   220 mm
Spoke tension (front, rear)   100 kgf

Graysco242

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 07:28:48 AM »
Accidentally sprayed g.t. 85 on to my brake calipers on my radrhino getting a terrible like crunching noise when i brake now. Will this go in time or have i done any dammage grateful for replys.

cascade

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2020, 02:28:13 PM »
You may want to visit this site https://www.cascademanufacturing.com/collections/recreational for some parts you need for modifying or upgrading your E-Rad Bikes.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum