News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Share your furthest ride on a single charge

Started by Radillac, June 12, 2019, 08:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Radillac

What is the furthest you have pushed your Rad bike? My previous record was 47 miles. This is my current record.

Ryan

That's impressive! I always get so many questions on how far a Rad can go on one charge so it's good to have an idea of the top end. I always say it varies quite a bit based on what pedal assist you're on, but between 20-40 miles. We do more commuting and short trips with charging overnight. We did make it 14.5 miles with two adults on our Rad Wagon and still had 2 bars left.

Radillac

I am a big guy to begin with so I am impressed. I usually ride in PAS 1 and change gears as needed(I have changed front and rear gearing), with PAS3 for hills. If it is windy I may use PAS2. Riding in the lower assist will get you the mileage, I was wore out but still had 2 bars on the battery when I completed those 52 miles. It is pretty flat here in Hampton Roads/Norfolk. I honestly believe I could stretch it to 65, maybe even 75 miles but that record is for a later time when I am in better shape. LOL

JayHobo

Just finished a test ride to see how far the battery would go.  I had to give up at 60.5 miles, I was done at that point and the bike still had 2 battery bars left.
2019 Rad City Step Thru
Chehalis Western Trail (Olympia, WA) with some side excursions.
Kept it in pedal assist 1 and 2 except for hills where I went to pedal assist 3 and sometimes 4.
There's a video of the ride if anyone is totally bored out of their mind and wants to scrub through it.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/475182624

Some notable points in the video:
1h 52min 14sec at 20.26 miles I show the battery meter on the bike
3h 44min 00sec at 40.01 miles I show the battery meter on the bike
4h 37min 55sec at 50.01 miles I show the battery meter on the bike
5h 07min 00sec at 55.01 miles I show the battery meter on the bike
5h 37min 55sec at 60.00 miles I show the battery meter on the bike

Thank you,
Jay

Ryan

Awesome, 60 miles is pretty impressive! Looked like a nice ride.

Quote from: JayHobo on August 31, 2019, 07:51:32 PM
Just finished a test ride to see how far the battery would go.  I had to give up at 60.5 miles, I was done at that point and the bike still had 2 battery bars left.
2019 Rad City Step Thru
Chehalis Western Trail (Olympia, WA) with some side excursions.
Kept it in pedal assist 1 and 2 except for hills where I went to pedal assist 3 and sometimes 4.
There's a video of the ride if anyone is totally bored out of their mind and wants to scrub through it.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/475182624

Thank you,
Jay

RadBuddy

I did 25 on a 1/3 of a battery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk