News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Deflopilater is a Flop!!

Started by WAM68, May 13, 2021, 10:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

WAM68

I've had my RadWagon 4 for a little over a month and the dreaded deflopilater has so far lived up to its reputation.

As with many on here the bolt connection on the front fork/tube was the issue.  During the original build, the female end of the connection stripped out almost immediately after connecting. As a result, the deflopilater would not stay in place. I did the original build myself with help from a friend who has experience in bikes.

After the first month I took it to my local bike shop mechanic to have them install the Tannis system and give the bike a once over to make sure I built it correctly.  I also discussed the deflopilater with them to see if they could re-tap the connection and get the think attached.  They did retap it but had the same problem I did once they screwed in the connecting bolt.  It stripped and wouldn't hold. 

Luckily, with the style of kickstand these come with I have not had any functional issue with not having the deflopilater attached.  It is frustrating that this is suppose to be part of the bike but seems to be so poorly engineered. 

Rad needs to either up the specs and quality control for the factory in China or engineer a different system for the deflopilater or just eliminate it as part of the bike altogether. 

ericwn

Thanks much for sharing your thoughts. As a new owner I really appreciate the information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro