Author Topic: Replacement handlebars?  (Read 7013 times)

flei

• View Profile
Replacement handlebars?
« on: February 21, 2021, 05:51:56 AM »
Has anyone replaced the bars on their bike with a flat bar? I don't like being so upright so would like to lower the reach on my RadRover ST. If you did replace your bars, what bar did you use? Also, are the bars 31.8mm to 22mm?

Veggyhed

• View Profile
Re: Replacement handlebars?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 01:50:10 AM »
I came across this YouTube video which you might find helpful. I do not have any experience with these bars. Jones H- Bar
https://youtu.be/i_zwX8jhJwE

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

JTK77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 07:43:50 AM »
Has anyone replaced the bars on their bike with a flat bar? I don't like being so upright so would like to lower the reach on my RadRover ST. If you did replace your bars, what bar did you use? Also, are the bars 31.8mm to 22mm?

I hyvä replaced the stock with PRO Devil Riser Bar Ø31,8mm 780mm.

Jack Ducan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 05:15:18 AM »
When I got this UPANBIKE mountain bike extra long handlebar, I was amazed by its stylish design that mixed well with my bike’s structure. This handler is constructed out of Aluminum Alloy 6061, ensuring superb durability. Every side comes with a durable anodizing feature numerically controlled to give off accurate bending and shockproof feature and compatible with most bikes.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 04:24:26 AM by Jack Ducan »

RadJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 03:55:59 PM »
The OP specifically asked if anyone had used FLAT bars! Two out of three replies suggested RISER bars, the exact opposite of what the OP was looking for information on, so it makes no difference how stylish, well anodized and numerically controlled the recommended riser bars are if they're not what he wants.

jrsimunic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 02:55:28 PM »
I did it and it wasn't easy.   I'm 6 feet tall and over 65.   I can't stand to ride hunched over like you young guys.  I like riding upright.  The old bars didn't do it.   I got a sore neck and right shoulder.  These bars are better than the stock bars for my comfort.  Of course everyone has an opinion.    Anyway  Here are the parts I used:

Wald 5.25-Inch Rise MTB Handle Bar, Chrome 27.1 #803 .    These are great chrome bars.  However they are uniformly one size unlike the stock crazy bars where they get fatter in the center near the stem.  Requires a shim for the stem(next item) and hand cut rubber shims for the display unit.  (Went to home depot and got a rectangular rubber cut-your-own shims)

Wheels Manufacturing 25.4-31.8 Handlebar Shim, 1 Pair -  Used to transition from 1 inch to 1.25 inch, since old bars are 1.25
new bars are 1 inch

Since most of the stuff is on the right side of the handlebars (throttle, brake, manual shifter), that is where the real problem comes into play.  It is difficult to get all junk put back on the right side.   I will include a photograph.  Part of the problem is that getting all that stuff on the right side of the bar requires putting the shifter partially on the curve of the handlebar.  And that causes another problem.   The shifter lever hits the throttle.   My fix for this was to clip off a small piece of the top of the downshift lever.  The upshift lever is okay.   One thing I did have to do was clip off some of the cable ties.   However it works wonderfully good now.   I now have no sore neck or shouldders.    Give it a try!!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 03:01:07 PM by jrsimunic »

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 02:55:28 PM »