Author Topic: Aftermarket Rear Rack for Radrover 5- Suggestions  (Read 22336 times)

SoCoRuss

• View Profile
Aftermarket Rear Rack for Radrover 5- Suggestions
« on: September 21, 2020, 12:52:27 PM »
I got my 2 bikes but have been waiting for over 2 months now for Rad to get the rear racks back in. I've about had my fill waiting. Has anyone found better rear racks for their Rovers? I'm not interested in the Topeaks with quick rack . I'm not changing other gear to match their track design.

reppac

• View Profile
Re: Aftermarket Rear Rack for Radrover 5- Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 06:55:27 PM »
Although this really doesn't answer your question I'll explain my experience. Just by luck I was checking the website on 9/10 and saw the orange rack was available. I quickly ordered it, checked the website again a few minutes later and saw the black rack was available. Immediately called the company and tried to switch colors and was told that both racks were sold out. I had signed up for email alerts but never received one. My orange rack arrived a few days after I placed my order.

Jr Samples

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 07:30:16 PM »
The black is in stock now. With shipping and taxes, they are $100 - OUCH!!!  I believe I will go for the Iberia rack on Amazon for less than half that shipped. Reviews say it works well with the Rad Rovers.

https://amzn.to/32WGQmo
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 06:19:13 PM by Ryan »

RMM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 10:14:32 AM »
I bought this rack and can confirm it works.  See here:
https://www.radowners.com/index.php/topic,318.msg1598.html#msg1598

CG31

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 01:56:54 PM »
I just ordered 2 of the Radrover racks and it rang up to $201.00. Almost changed my mind, $30.00 for shipping is robbery but I really wanted this rack.

Bob Rivera

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 09:44:34 AM »
This might help. Ragd now carries the tail light extension kit seperate. so if you go after market, you can move your tail light.

Jr Samples

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 09:56:07 AM »
Got a link for that? Not seeing it available on the RAD website.

Jr Samples

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 08:41:06 PM »
@CG31,

I emailed Rad and asked if I could get a discount on accessories since I had recently ordered two bikes, they responded and said when the racks get in stock again to purchase what I want and email the guy and he would refund the shipping. That makes a difference - $30 for shipping is a hard pill to swallow; however, free shipping is good!

Don’t know how long you have had your bike, but it may be worth a shot to get your $30 back.

George3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 08:58:49 PM »
I got my 2 bikes but have been waiting for over 2 months now for Rad to get the rear racks back in. I've about had my fill waiting. Has anyone found better rear racks for their Rovers? I'm not interested in the Topeaks with quick rack . I'm not changing other gear to match their track design.

I just posted this in another thread but thought I would also do it here as I am extremely satisfied with a rear rack I just installed and saw your comments.....

I have a Rover 5 and just got tired of waiting for the rear rack to be available.  I bought and just received today a Ibera bike rack from Amazon and am super delighted with it.  Easy to install, I really like the looks and how it fits, it’s construction and I particularly liked the price, $38.00.  You also have to buy an extension for the brake light and then mount the Rad rear light to the rack.  Took me all of about fifteen minutes.  If you want, I can take some photos of it tomorrow so you can see how it’s mounted on the RAD.  The links are below.....

Bike rack

https://amzn.to/3j7xvOc

Extension

https://amzn.to/3ia2jfQ

Be sure to order the blue color, (4 pin) with a 60cm/600mm length.... you will have about four inches to play with depending how you route it.

George
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 02:15:07 PM by Ryan »

Jr Samples

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 09:16:46 PM »
@George3

Thank you.!

I would greatly appreciate photos of the install. How long did you have to wait to get the extender cable?

Thanks again.  :)

George3

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 09:33:11 PM »

Jr,

I will post some pictures here tomorrow....

Both the extender and the rack arrived at the same time.  Took about 8 days but UPS was delayed a bit due to the hurricane between Texas and Louisiana.  The items were mailed from Florida. 

George

George3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »
@George3

Thank you.!

I would greatly appreciate photos of the install. How long did you have to wait to get the extender cable?

Jr,

Here are two photos.... George

George3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 12:16:34 PM »
@George3

Thank you.!

Here are two more....

Jr Samples

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 12:50:58 PM »
Geroge,

Thank you. That bike looks great! Just ordered two of them.

jbfoster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 02:48:17 PM »
@George3

Thank you.!

I ordered my cable September 18th. Amazon says delivery will be Nov 12th to Dec 2nd.

Jim

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 02:48:17 PM »